Vista/Win 7/Win10 issues
Click to join G8JCFSDR
Vista and Win 7 do not include as standard the DX8VB.DLL file. To install the DX8VB.DLL proceed as follows.
1) Use Google to find DX8VB.DLL, eg http://www.driverskit.com/dll/dx8vb.dll/692.html
2) 32 Bit OS - Download DX8VB.DLL to c:\windows\system32
3) 64 Bit OS - Download DX8VB.DLL to c:\windows\syswow64
4) If UAC is NOT activated on your machine Register the DLL as follows
5) If UAC is enabled, Register the DLL as follows
- On the Taskbar, select Start > Run.
- In the Open field, type regsvr32 DX8VB.DLL
- Press Enter.
- A dialogue box showing successful registration should be displayed
6) For Windows 10, be sure to set the compatibility for G8JCFSDR.EXE to "Run as an Administrator"